Montana Environmental Education Association (MEEA)
Uniting voices, providing support and connecting environmental educators across Montana.
WHAT'S GOING ON IN MONTANA EE?
MEEA 2013: What's Wild About Montana?
Thursday, March 21 and Friday, March 22, 2013
Holiday Inn--Bozeman, Montana
2013 Conference Highlights (see below for more details):
- Keynote Speech from Alan Kesselheim, author of Let Them Paddle: Coming of Age on the Water, and Mary Pat Zitzer, inspirational parents and outdoor adventurers.
- Project Learning Tree Workshop
- Field Institute to the Museum of the Rockies, a world-class museum in Bozeman known for its collection of dinosaur fossils, the Taylor Planetarium, and for bringing high-quality rotating exhibits to Montana.
- 20 separate program sectionals on topics from media to journaling to management
- Awards banquet honoring outstanding environmental and outdoor educators in Montana.
- A chance to mingle and mix with like-minded educators from around the state!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION (or navigate through our professional development link on the left sidebar menu)
Environmental Education at Montana State Teachers' ConferenceThanks to all of our presenters at the teachers' conference and to all who helped out at our exhibit table. Thanks especially to author Gary Ferguson, who gave an insightful, inspiring keynote address on the history and importance of nature connection. Watch for us next year in Belgrade!
Read the latest BugNet
Workshops, classes, and other info about EE in Montana available on BugNet, the montly newsletter of MEEA. Read about it here!
A Forest for Every Classroom
A Forest for Every Classroom in the Missoula area is now accepting applications. Get involved in this dynamic professional development program and learn how to bring Place-Based education into every aspect of your teaching. Learn more.